Saturday, May 14, 2011

Once you're toast, you can never be bread again

Today's theme is toast.

For starters, I am toast in that I am burned [out]. Since the moment the school year ended, it has been impossible to make myself do anything other than catch up on every television show I missed over the past 9 months. I drove home today to spend some time with my mom before I fly out to France, telling myself I would spend the night working on my personal statement. Instead, I watched season 6 of Weeds. I stole the title of this blog post from an interview with Jenji Kohan, the creator of the show. 

Although seriously...can toast ever be bread again? I vaguely remember a memory from elementary school where a teacher made some reference about how once you boil an egg you can never unboil it. It will never return, it's changed forever. This made perfect sense to me then. Yeah, damnit, you can't unboil an egg! After four semesters of chemistry, I realize now that you can totally unboil an egg. It's just a matter of going against what's thermodynamically and kinetically favorable. So it's just improbable, not impossible [thank you Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy]. Regardless, I for one am all for the change. I say toast > bread, buttered toast > unbuttered toast. 

That was meant to be a statement on embracing change. 

I'll work on my metaphors, I swear. 

Oh, and thanks Hank for my original inspiration: 



No comments:

Post a Comment