Saturday, May 21, 2011

Aviné

Disclaimer: I think I might start every blog post with a little bit of french. If you can handle it, i'll translate it into english when I'm finished.

 Je suis arrivée à Nice à cinq heures dans l'après-midi. Ma familly française est extrêmement sympa. Le mari, patrick, est comme Monsieur Weasley des livres de Harry Potter. Rappellez comment Monsieur Weasley est vraiment intéressé à les muggles? Monsieur Patrick Lecoanet est exactement comme ça....mais avec les anglais. Il essaie toujours de parler en anglais ce qui est très mignon.

I arrived in Nice at 5 o'clock in the afternoon. My french family is extremely nice. The husband, Patrick is like Mr. Weasley from the Harry Potter books! Remember how Mr. Weasley is really interested in muggles? Monsieur Patrick Lecoanet is exactly like that...except with english. He always tries to speak english, which is so cute.

OK. It is 9:40pm in Nice, France. I'm sitting in the bedroom given to me by my french family and I must say....wow. Not only is this city freaking AMAZING, this apartment is too. It's too dark to take pictures of the apartment building itself, so i'll post those later, but it's truly incredible. I am having a wonderful time so far, despite being really nervous about my french. Surprisingly, it is just flowing out of my mouth [also I'm a little drunk right now, I won't lie].

I am a jumble of emotions right now. I miss my home and all of the people I love, but at the same time I feel this intense spark inside of myself. If you ever have the chance to come to Nice, do it. Actually, don't just do it. Rent a car and do it [don't take this out of context]. My brother-in-law drove me from Lucerne to Nice, and it was one of the most amazing car rides I have ever experience. This I do have pictures of:




This one is actually the view from my room. Ohh yeah baby.

In any case, thanks for reading. I'm off to finish my personal statement. I'm sure a little wine wouldn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. c'est la vie! i am uber jealous right now. have tons of good wine and fun for me, girl. i'm avoiding apps ... taking a nice 5 day vacation from it fu fu fu.

    ReplyDelete